An estate sale is a type of sale that occurs when the owner of a property (usually an individual or family) sells off their belongings in order to move or downsize. This type of sale is typically held over the course of several days, and often includes furniture, appliances, clothing, and other household items. Estate sales are a great way to find unique or vintage items, as well as to save money on everyday household items.
5 Tips for Estate Sales:
If you’re considering attending an estate sale, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Estate sales are often advertised in local newspapers or online classifieds.
- The best time to attend an estate sale is early on the first day, when the selection is typically the best.
- Many estate sales have a ‘preview day’ where you can preview the items that will be for sale. This is a great way to get an idea of what will be available, and to make a list of items you’re interested in.
- Be prepared to haggle – it’s common (and expected) to try and negotiate a lower price on items at an estate sale.
- Bring cash, as many estate sales do not accept credit cards.
Estate sales can be a great way to find unique, stylish, and affordable items for your home. By following these tips, you can ensure that you have a successful experience at your next estate sale.