We’ve all heard them – those weird, strange facts that are floating around the internet. Maybe you’ve even shared a few of them on social media. But are they actually true? Here are five weird facts that just might be true:
1. A human head remains conscious for about 15 seconds after being decapitated.
2. It’s physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
3. Coca-Cola was originally green.
4. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
5. There are more than 1,000 chemicals in a cup of coffee.
There are plenty of weird facts out there that people believe to be true, but may not actually be. For example, one popular myth is that if you see a penny on the ground, you should pick it up because it’s good luck. But in reality, picking up a penny actually costs more than the penny is worth. So why do people still do it?
Another weird fact is that in the UK, it’s illegal to die in parliament. The reasoning behind this law is that if too many people die in parliament, it could lead to too much chaos and confusion.
Yet another weird fact is that ostriches can’t walk backwards. This one is actually true – ostriches are incapable of walking backwards because their hips don’t move that way.