A Rotary Club is a service organization that brings together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian service and advance goodwill and peace around the world.
A Rotary Club typically meets weekly for lunch or breakfast in order to conduct business, socialize, and enjoy fellowship. The Rotary Club also participates in various service projects locally and internationally.
What are the activities of a Rotary Club?
Service projects undertaken by Rotary Clubs include:
- Providing clean water and sanitation
- Building houses and schools
- Supporting literacy and vocational training programs
- Promoting peace and conflict resolution
- Combating hunger, disease, and poverty.
In addition to service projects, Rotary Clubs also engage in fundraising activities in order to support their causes. Popular fundraisers include:
- Selling tickets to special events
- Organizing community garage sales
- Holding bake sales or car washes.
What are the benefits of joining a Rotary Club?
Some benefits of joining a Rotary Club include:
- Developing leadership skills
- Gaining a global network of friends and business contacts
- Enhancing your professional development
- Giving back to the community.
If you are interested in joining a Rotary Club, please visit the Rotary International website (www.rotary.org) to find a club near you.