ipadtrilogy.com for sale £3,000,000?!
I wrote about some of the overpriced domains and hopeful sellers on eBay back in 2008. I haven’t been back since, but I thought I’d have a look to today to see if they’re just as hopeful.
I was excited to find, that if anything, they’re more hopeful. Below are some of the ‘Buy It Now’ auctions currently running at eBay.co.uk.
- iphone4wallpapers.com – £5,000,000 (roughly $8 million)
- go4ipad.co.uk – £299,999.99 (powerful use of “just under” pricing)
- euro-army.eu – £200,000 (starting an Army based in Europe?)
- fromdollartomillion.com – £100,000 (from £100,000 to zero)
- myheathrowairport.com – £14,000 (MySpace for Heathrow Airport)
- mmicros.com – £8,000,000 (how much?)
- ipadtrilogy.com – £3,000,000 (plus £20 postage and packaging?)
- negligence.tv – £11,500 (court room drama)
- shops2012.co.uk – £10,000 (great domain for a one year business)
- fitorfat.co.uk – £2,500 (charming and a bargain)
- goodorbadgarage.com – £1,995 (‘Hot or Not’ for garages)
In most cases, you’d struggle to give these domains away, let alone sell them for thousands or millions. I tried to see if any sellers had been successful, but most had made their history private.
There are examples of domain that have sold for millions, but these tend to be domains like diamond.com and cameras.com. Pingdom has a good (but slightly dated) post on 20 of the most expensive domains and recently color.com was purchased for $350,000.
If you’d like to have a look, just visit eBay and search ‘domain names’.