Remove “For testing purposes only. Build 6801″ watermark from your Windows 7 desktop
Our previous tutorial showed how to unlock protected features such as the superbar, remove the watermark and remove the 30 day trial.
In this tutorial we’ll just be showing how to remove the watermark at the bottom right of the screen on Windows 7 build 6801 desktops in easy steps. The watermark should state “For testing purposes only. Build 6801″ and look a little like the image below.
Once all steps have been completed, the watermark should disappear.
Step One – Switch off Windows UAC (User Account Control)
– Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts
– Find User Account Control, you’ll then be shown a vertical slider, move the slider to the bottom of the screen.
– Restart your computer.
Step Two – Rename user32.dll.mui
– Start Menu -> Computer -> C Drive -> Windows -> System32 -> en-US
– Your browser should now be at C:\Windows\System32\en-US\.
– Locate user32.dll.mui, right click it.
– Select the ‘Security’ tab, click the ‘Advanced’ button and then visit the ‘Owner’ tab.
– Select the ‘Edit’ button and make yourself the owner of the file.
– Exit that dialog, saving changes and return to the original properties dialog.
– Click the “Edit…” button, select Users and give yourself Full Control by selecting all the checkboxs.
– Exit properties saving changes.
– Rename user32.dll.mui to user32-backup.dll.mui.
Step Three – Finishing up
– Extract the user32.dll.mui file and place it in the folder en-US (C:\Windows\System32\en-US\).
– Restart your system. Enjoy.